cloth diaper service in Washington
Our core cloth diaper service provides a weekly pick up and delivery of cloth diapers. Whatever your reasons for choosing cloth, we want to help make cloth diapering accessible, convenient, and easy to stick with.
products used in our service
how it works
- We will deliver a diaper pail and first set of diapers 1–2 weeks before your due date, or 1–2 weeks after you place your order if baby is already born.
- When baby is born (or when you are ready to start using cloth diapers), you will email us to initiate service.
- Diaper time! Newborns will need 10 to 12 diaper changes a day, so you will get a lot of practice trying different folding techniques. Learn how to put on a cloth diaper.
- Put dirty diapers directly in the bin. No dumping or rinsing.
- On your delivery day, take the bag of dirties out of the diaper pail and place outside in the designated location by 8 am. Keep any clean diapers at home. Don't worry, we will send you email and text reminders!
- Our driver will swing by and swap out a clean bag of diapers for your dirties. The first bag of cleans will have the same amount as your initial delivery (90 for full service). Going forward, we will count your dirties, and deliver that amount the following week.
- We wash diapers in bulk with a combination of very hot water and a commercial detergent that has been scientifically proven to rinse away completely. A trace amount of chlorine in each wash ensures that our diapers are completely sanitized after each and every use, and multiple rinse cycles ensure that absolutely no residue is left behind—just clean, soft cotton. Our diapers are periodically PH tested to ensure that the wash process is calibrated for baby's skin.
diaper size and quantity
We have 5 diaper sizes and 3 cover sizes that we offer from birth to potty
training. The number of diapers you receive depends on your size and service level. Our
full service is best for those committed to using cloth day
and night. Yes, newborn babies go through 90 diapers in a week! We
completely understand that sometimes, full-time cloth diapering doesn't work
for everyone—whether it's because of night time, child care, travel, or just
being a family on the go! It is easy to switch to our combo cloth and disposable service when the time is right. Cloth diapers are provided on a rotation system. You'll receive the number shown below for each of the first two weeks, and starting with the third week, you'll receive the number we picked up from the week before. Easy!
signing up for service
When you sign up, you'll pay for the first 4 weeks of service and a one-time
setup fee. Your first 4 weeks won't start until we pick up the first
batch of dirties, and we begin weekly deliveries to your house. Your service
will automatically continue until you cancel. Feel free to sign up as far in advance as you'd like, but we ask that you give us at least 2 weeks so that we have adequate time to prepare your order.
what you will need
Covers are put over the cloth diapers to hold in place. They come in breathable, waterproof fabric called PUL, or natural wool fabric, and can be re-used multiple times until soiled. Your baby will go through three cover sizes in his or her diapering lifetime. You have three options:
Option 1: Cover Service
We provide 15 diaper covers per week (7 for half service) that you re-use until soiled, then throw in the pail with your dirties for us to wash. We start with newborn Thirsties covers and size up as your baby grows.
Option 2: Cover Rental
We offer newborn size covers that have a cut-out for the umbilical cord and a tighter fit for those smaller babies. You'll wash these at home and return to us via your diaper pail when they no longer fit. Renting is a great way to avoid the upfront costs for covers that you use for a shorter time.
Option 3: Purchase
We recommend having between 4 and 6 covers at home. Over the baby's lifetime, you will need at least two different size covers. We sell used and new Thirsties brand covers
in our online store. Many families rent 4 to 6 newborn covers from us, and then use their own covers after the newborn phase.
Wipes are used to clean baby's bum between diaper changes. We offer 100% cotton flannel wipes as an alternative to purchasing disposable wipes. You'll receive 90 wipes per week which can be thrown into your Diaper Pail with your dirty diapers. We recommend using
Babybits solution in a spray bottle or a diaper warmer to wet the wipe prior to use.
You'll use a
wet bag when you're on the go for holding dirty diapers; it can fit into your tote bag.
Snappis are the modern version of pins. These are optional, but good to have on hand as you discover your diapering preference.
It is good to have a
cloth diaper compatible cream or balm at home in the event that your baby develops some redness. Coconut oil is a great everyday preventive product.
our service area
Diaper Stork currently serves customers in the Seattle metro area from Olympia to Everett and the East side. We love to provide families with an alternative to disposable diapers and will always be assessing cloth diaper service demand outside of these markets. If you live outside of this area, we offer our cloth diapering system for rent or purchase
. If you live outside of this area but would like to use our diaper service, we would like to hear from you! Email us at [email protected]
Many of our customers live in apartment buildings, and we find that each situation is different. Ideally, we would have access to get inside the building (with a key or code) and swap the diapers out side your apartment main door. We can also leave diapers in the lobby or outside in a concealed spot. Please contact us
to discuss the specifics of your building.
why we are different?
We have a complete offering of sustainable diapering products for families who want the convenience of a service or the cost savings of washing at home.
- Paving the way: We are dedicated to finding solutions to reduce as much diaper waste as possible in Washington- read about our compostable diaper project.
- Our Footprint: Our main delivery van is ELECTRIC! We aim to eliminate as much waste as possible by using washable diaper bags instead of plastic bags for your weekly delivery, repurposing bags and boxes to reduce packaging waste.
- Flexibility: We offer a mix of cloth diapers and disposables that suit your family needs when 100% cloth is not an option.
- Broader mission: We provide free classes for infant and toddler potty training to encourage using fewer diapers and support your child's transition out of diapers.
SIGN UP NOW
- Convenient shopping: We offer a variety of products from our online shop that can be added to your weekly delivery for no additional shipping charge.